Good Morning Rock Springs School!
Today is day 22 of school on this Thursday, September 18, 2014. The forecast calls for mostly sunny skies today with a high of about 85 degrees.
This morning I have a group of college bound Road-Runners from Mrs. Roberts/Martinez's class to lead us in the pledge.
Next week we will be joined by Mrs. Sylliaasen's class.
National Cheeseburger Day
On this Day in History:
On this day in 1793, George Washington lays the cornerstone to the United States Capitol building, the home of the legislative branch of American government. The building would take nearly a century to complete, as architects came and went, the British set fire to it and it was called into use during the Civil War. Today, the Capitol building, with its famous cast-iron dome and important collection of American art, is part of the Capitol Complex, which includes six Congressional office buildings and three Library of Congress buildings, all developed in the 19th and 20th centuries.
Here’s a random Science Facts for today:
A woodpecker can peck with a force as high as 1,200 g's with each impact - equivalent to a human striking head against a wall at a speed of 25km (16mi) an hour each time.
Your Character Counts at Rock Springs School:
The Pillar of the Week is Responsibility, our third Pillar of Character, represented by the color green. When you think about responsibility, think about being responsible for a green garden.
- Responsible people are active in the pursuit of excellence. They are diligent and they persevere avoiding excuses.
- Responsible people exercise self-control. They realize they are as they choose to be, every day.
According to Abraham Lincoln, 16th U.S. president, “You can't escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”
MAP testing continues today. Please remember to be quiet and respectful around the computer lab for testing. Also, please do not walk through the lab during testing.
Testing today will be Ms. S. Isherwood and Ms. Roberts/Martinez.
If any one would like to buy their pictures, the money must be turned in by tomorrow, Friday. After that, there will be a $7.00 late fee.
Today is an unassigned Thursday.
- Please remember to walk when traveling through campus.
- Also remember to use quiet voices in all academic areas.
- Remember to play safe on the playground and when the bell rings to line up, walk to your line safely. We do not want anyone running as you could get hurt.
- When you arrive at school in the morning, remember to sit at the lunch tables. All students are to remain sitting at the lunch tables until the duty teacher says that you may get up.
- At the end of the day, your teacher will walk you to your designated exit for parent pick-up. If your ride is not there, you need to wait, stay at the front of the school and wait patiently and quietly for your ride.
This concludes today’s announcements. Thank you college bound roadrunners, and remember,
“Keep a smile on your face, it will increase your face value!”