posted Jan 12, 2017, 6:57 AM by Gerald Lake
updated Jan 12, 2017, 7:03 AM
Good Morning Rock Springs School!
Today is day 81 of school on this Thursday, January 12, 2017. The forecast calls for a chance of rain today with high of about 59 degrees.
This morning we have a group of College Bound Roadrunners from Mr. Plunkett to lead us with the pledge.
Next week we will be joined by Mrs. McWilliams' Class
Fruitcake Toss Day
On this Day in History
On this day in 1932, Ophelia Wyatt Caraway, a Democrat from Arkansas, becomes the first woman to be elected to the U.S. Senate.
Here’s a random Science Facts for today
Some lizards can walk on water.
Your Character Counts at Rock Springs School
The Pillar of the Week is Citizenship, our sixth Pillar of Character, represented by the color purple. When you think about citizenship, think regal purple as representing the state.
One is an effective citizen by doing things that:
According to Bertrand Russell, British mathematician and philosopher, "Without civic morality communities perish; without personal morality their survival has no value."
- Remind us of our heritage
- Involve us in the democratic process
- Support individuals with a special responsibility for keeping the country strong
- Help us better understand the workings of our government
- Promote a sense of community
- Keep individuals and families strong
The Rock Springs Talent Show is coming! What is your talent? Are you a comedian, actor, poet, dancer or singer? Do you have a talent we've never before seen on the Rock Springs stage? Start rehearsing! Auditions will be on Friday, February 10th! You must have a completed application to audition. Applications are available in the office by Mr. Lake's door.
Today is a Staff Meeting Thursday. Please meet in room 62 at 2:30.
- Remember to use the crosswalk.
- Please remember to walk when traveling through campus.
- Also, remember to use quiet voices in all academic areas.
- Play safe on the playground and when the bell rings to line up, walk to your line safely. We do not want anyone running as you could get hurt.
- When you arrive at school in the morning, you are to to sit at the lunch tables. All students are to remain sitting at the lunch tables until the duty teacher says that you may get up.
- At the end of the day, your teacher will walk you to your designated exit for parent pick-up. If your ride is not there, you need to wait, stay at the front of the school and wait patiently and quietly for your ride.
Tomorrow is RSU Friday, however, due to the weather and the wetness of the grass, we will not have a morning assembly.
This concludes today’s announcements. Thank you college bound roadrunners, and remember,
“Keep a smile on your face, it will increase your face value!"