Good Morning Rock Springs School!
Today is Monday, November 12, 2013. The forecast calls for partly cloudy skies with a high of about 83 degrees.
This morning I have a group of college bound Roadrunners from Mrs. Heiland's.
Next week, Mrs. Fridell & Mrs. Schmottlach class will be leading us in the pledge.
Happy Birthday To...
Mrs. Ocampo. She celebrated her birthday yesterday.
National Young Reader's Day
On this Day in History:
On this day in 1954, Ellis Island, the gateway to America, shuts it doors after processing more than 12 million immigrants since opening in 1892. Today, an estimated 40 percent of all Americans can trace their roots through Ellis Island, located in New York Harbor off the New Jersey coast and named for merchant Samuel Ellis, who owned the land in the 1770s.
Here’s a random Science Facts for today:
The Stegosaurus dinosaur measured up to 30 ft long but had a brain the size of a walnut.
Your Character Counts at Rock Springs School:
The Pillar of the Week is Responsibility, our third Pillar of Character, represented by the color green. When you think about responsibility, think about being responsible for a green garden.
• Do what you are supposed to do
• Plan ahead
• Persevere: keep on trying!
• Always do your best
• Use self-control
• Be self-disciplined
• Think before you act — consider the consequences
• Be accountable for your words, actions, and attitudes
• Set a good example for others
This is Election Week! Speeches will be available for viewing later today and tomorrow on the Wiki. Voting will take place on Thursday.
You have a meeting today at 11:45 in room 51.
- Please remember to walk when traveling through campus.
- Also remember to use quiet voices in all academic areas.
- Remember to play safe on the playground and when the bell rings to line up, walk to your line safely. We do not want anyone running as you could get hurt.
- When you arrive at school in the morning, remember to sit at the lunch tables. All students are to remain sitting at the lunch tables until the duty teacher says that you may get up.
- At the end of the day, your teacher will walk you to your designated exit for parent pick-up. If your ride is not there, you need to wait, stay at the front of the school and wait patiently and quietly for your ride.
This concludes today’s announcements. Thank you college bound roadrunners, and remember,
“Keep a smile on your face, it will increase your face value!”