Good Morning Rock Springs School!
Today is Monday, May 5, 2014. The forecast calls for sunny skies today with a high of about 73 degrees.
Cinco de Mayo—or the fifth of May—this day commemorates the Mexican army’s 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War.
On this Day in History:
From Cape Canaveral, Florida, Navy Commander Alan Bartlett Shepard Jr. is launched into space aboard the Freedom 7 space capsule, becoming the first American astronaut to travel into space.
Here’s a random Science Facts for today:
There are 62,000 miles of blood vessels in the human body – laid end to end they would circle the earth 2.5 times.
Your Character Counts at Rock Springs School:
The Pillar of the Week is Respect, the second Pillar of Character, represented by the colors yellow or gold:
There are lots of easy ways to show respect! You show respect when you are polite, saying things like “please” and “thank you.” You show respect by appreciating people’s differences, like seeing someone as unique for the outfits they wear, rather than thinking they’re weird for dressing differently. You also show respect by not making people feel uncomfortable, like not pressuring another kid to play on the big slide if they say they’re scared of being so high up. You even show respect when you lend a helping hand!
According to Thomas Tip O'Neill, American politician, speaker of the House of Representatives, “ Never kick a man when he’s up.”
It's Fiesta time in the Library! The Book Fair is underway. It is open from 7:30 am to 3:00 pm. Students need to have a pass to enter.
- Please remember to walk when traveling through campus.
- Also remember to use quiet voices in all academic areas.
- Remember to play safe on the playground and when the bell rings to line up, walk to your line safely. We do not want anyone running as you could get hurt.
- When you arrive at school in the morning, remember to sit at the lunch tables. All students are to remain sitting at the lunch tables until the duty teacher says that you may get up.
- At the end of the day, your teacher will walk you to your designated exit for parent pick-up. If your ride is not there, you need to wait, stay at the front of the school and wait patiently and quietly for your ride.
This concludes today’s announcements. Thank you college bound roadrunners, and remember,
“Keep a smile on your face, it will increase your face value!”