posted Feb 29, 2016, 6:56 AM by Gerald Lake
updated Mar 2, 2016, 7:57 AM
Good Morning Rock Springs School!
Today is day 118 of school on this Monday, February 29, 2016. The forecast calls for partly cloudy skies, with high of about 83 degrees.
This morning we have a group of college bound roadrunners from Ms. Nelson's class to lead us with the pledge.
Next week we'll be joined by Mrs. Baier's class.
Leap Year Day
On this Day in History
On February 29, 1972, Hank Aaron signs a three-year deal with the Atlanta Braves that pays him $200,000 per year, making him the highest-paid player in Major League Baseball at the time. Two years later, Aaron became baseball’s home run king when he broke Babe Ruth’s long-standing record.
Here’s a random Science Facts for today
Rotten eggs will float on water.
Your Character Counts at Rock Springs School
The Pillar of the Week is Respect, our second Pillar of Character, represented by the color yellow or gold. When you think about respect, think "The Golden Rule"
- Treat others with respect; follow the Golden Rule
- Be tolerant and accepting of differences
- Use good manners, not bad language
- Be considerate of the feelings of others
- Don't threaten, hit or hurt anyone
- Deal peacefully with anger, insults, and disagreements
According to Ralph C. Smedley, American founder of Toastmasters International, "Whatever your grade or position, if you know how and when to speak, and when to remain silent, your chances of real success are proportionately increased."
It's Read Across America Week
We will have fun, oh yes we will. We will laugh and create, smile and collaborate!
- Monday is Creativity Day - get inspired with The cat in the hat, or Green eggs and ham, or something like that! Explore or create fun words and strange creatures. Pets and ZETS other animals to be featured!
- Tuesday is Snuggle-up with your favorite stuffed animal day! Wear your PJ's and bring your favorite stuffed animal that day!
- Wednesday is Guest Reader Day! Will you be lucky? Lucky, I say, to get a guest reader that day? Ask your teacher to sign up, today!
- Thursday - O yum, O yum - Thursday is Green Eggs and Ham day! Eat 'em for breakfast and enjoy a GREEN Day! (be sure to wear green that day!)
- Friday is Animal Hat or Mask Day, Make or wear your very own hat, visor or mask that day! So, come on, Roadrunners, come on, I say! We can have our very own ZOO that day! Show us, Show us just what you can make and what you can do! We will have fun! Oh yes, we will, with pets and ZETS and funny creatures and much ado!
Hearts for Huntington's
We have sold 994 hearts! Thank you Rock Springs.
5th Grade Week
Math Field Day
Congratulations to our Math Field Day Team for representing Rock Springs School so well on Saturday.
- The playground swings are off limits and will remain off limits until further notice.
- Remember to use the crosswalk.
- Please remember to walk when traveling through campus.
- Also, remember to use quiet voices in all academic areas.
- Play safe on the playground and when the bell rings to line up, walk to your line safely. We do not want anyone running as you could get hurt.
- When you arrive at school in the morning, you are to to sit at the lunch tables. All students are to remain sitting at the lunch tables until the duty teacher says that you may get up.
- At the end of the day, your teacher will walk you to your designated exit for parent pick-up. If your ride is not there, you need to wait, stay at the front of the school and wait patiently and quietly for your ride.
This concludes today’s announcements. Thank you college bound roadrunners, and remember,
“Keep a smile on your face, it will increase your face value!"