Good Morning Rock Springs School!
Today is day 46 of school on this Friday, October 24, 2014. The forecast calls for mostly sunny skies today with a high of about 89 degrees.
This morning I have a group of college bound Road-Runners from Ms. J. Isherwood's class to lead us in the pledge.
Next week we will be joined by Mrs. Andrew's class.
On this Day in History:
On this day in 1901, a 63-year-old schoolteacher named Annie Edson Taylor becomes the first person to take the plunge over Niagara Falls in a barrel.
Here’s a random Science Facts for today:
Porcupines float in water.
Your Character Counts at Rock Springs School:
Today we come to the end of Character Counts Week. Every morning on the playground I observed all kinds of good character traits.
According to Albert Einstein, Swiss-American mathematician, physicist and public philosopher, "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."
Where did the ghost go to vacation? Mali-BOO!
Next week is spirit week!
- Monday = RSU Monday
- Tuesday = Crazy Sock Day
- Wednesday = Jersey/Sports Day
- Thursday = Crazy Hair Day
- Friday = Halloween Costume Day/Parade
Outdoor assemblies today; 3, 4, 5 @ 8:30, K, 1, 2 @ 9:15
- Please remember to walk when traveling through campus.
- Also remember to use quiet voices in all academic areas.
- Remember to play safe on the playground and when the bell rings to line up, walk to your line safely. We do not want anyone running as you could get hurt.
- When you arrive at school in the morning, remember to sit at the lunch tables. All students are to remain sitting at the lunch tables until the duty teacher says that you may get up.
- At the end of the day, your teacher will walk you to your designated exit for parent pick-up. If your ride is not there, you need to wait, stay at the front of the school and wait patiently and quietly for your ride.
This concludes today’s announcements. Thank you college bound roadrunners, and remember,
“Keep a smile on your face, it will increase your face value!”