Good Morning Rock Springs School!
Today is Friday, March 7, 2014. The forecast calls for fair skies with a high of about 68 degrees.
This morning I have a group of college bound Roadrunners from Mrs. Peter's class.
Next week, Mrs. Laquindanum's class will be leading us in the pledge.
World Book Day
On this Day in History:
Mr. Watson, come here, I need you. On this day in 1876, 29-year-old Alexander Graham Bell receives a patent for his revolutionary new invention--the telephone. "Mr. Watson, come here, I need you" were the first words to ever be spoken into a telephone.
Here’s a random Science Facts for today:
The information stored on an iPod Nano would fill up eight pickup truckloads of paper.
Your Character Counts at Rock Springs School:
The Pillar of the Week is Respect, our second Pillar of Character, represented by the color yellow or gold. When you think about respect, think "The Golden Rule".
- Treat others with respect; follow the Golden Rule
- Be tolerant and accepting of differences
- Use good manners, not bad language
- Be considerate of the feelings of others
- Don't threaten, hit or hurt anyone
- Deal peacefully with anger, insults, and disagreements
- According to a Mexican proverb, "Respect the rights of others, and you will have peace."
According to a Mexican proverb, "Respect the rights of others, and you will have peace."
Read Across America
- This week is Read Across America Week! In honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday, we will be celebrating all week with reading events.
- Monday - Dr. Seuss Word Day: Make up your own Dr. Seuss-like word and the definition. Write it down, give to Mr. Lake and he will share some on the morning announcements.
- Tuesday – Share a Book Day: Bring one of your favorite books to school to share with someone. It’s not for keeps, just for the day.
- Wednesday - Guest Readers: Guest readers from the community will be coming in to read Dr. Seuss books to classes. RoseAnn will contact you to schedule a time.
- Thursday - Green Day & Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast: Everyone wears green to school! The cafeteria will also be serving Green Eggs and Ham for breakfast. Teachers are invited (but not required) to join the students for breakfast.
- Friday - Cat in the Hat Day: Teachers and kids make and wear Cat in the Hat hats.
Hearts for Huntingtons
Rock Springs has sold 804 hearts! That's $800!
- Please remember to walk when traveling through campus.
- Also remember to use quiet voices in all academic areas.
- Remember to play safe on the playground and when the bell rings to line up, walk to your line safely. We do not want anyone running as you could get hurt.
- When you arrive at school in the morning, remember to sit at the lunch tables. All students are to remain sitting at the lunch tables until the duty teacher says that you may get up.
- At the end of the day, your teacher will walk you to your designated exit for parent pick-up. If your ride is not there, you need to wait, stay at the front of the school and wait patiently and quietly for your ride.
- RSU Friday
- Tomorrow is RSU Friday/ Since we will be having awards all morning, we will NOT be having the assembly on the grass. Please plan on wearing your Cat in the Hat hats to your awards assembly. There will also be a special presentation at the awards by Mrs. McDowell's class.
This concludes today’s announcements. Thank you college bound roadrunners, and remember,
“Keep a smile on your face, it will increase your face value!”