posted Jan 13, 2017, 7:24 AM by Gerald Lake
Good Morning Rock Springs School!
Today is day 82 of school on this Friday, January 13, 2017. The forecast calls for possible rain showers with high of about 56 degrees.
This morning we have a group of College Bound Roadrunners from Mr. Plunkett to lead us with the pledge.
Next week we will be joined by Mrs. McWilliams' Class
Rubber Ducky Day
On this Day in History
On this day in 1929, nearly 50 years after the famous gunfight at the O.K. Corral, Wyatt Earp dies quietly in Los Angeles at the age of 80.
Here’s a random Science Facts for today
Elephants have been known to remain standing after they die.
Your Character Counts at Rock Springs School
The Pillar of the Week is Citizenship, our sixth Pillar of Character, represented by the color purple. When you think about citizenship, think regal purple as representing the state.
- Do your share to make your school and community better
- Get involved in community affairs
- Stay informed; vote
- Be a good neighbor
- Obey laws and rules
- Respect authority
- Protect the environment
According to Theodore Roosevelt, American adventurer and 26th president, "This country will not be a good place for any of us to live in unless we make it a good place for all of us to live in."
The Rock Springs Talent Show is coming! What is your talent? Are you a comedian, actor, poet, dancer or singer? Do you have a talent we've never before seen on the Rock Springs stage? Start rehearsing! Auditions will be on Friday, February 10th! You must have a completed application to audition. Applications are available in the office by Mr. Lake's door.
- Remember to use the crosswalk.
- Please remember to walk when traveling through campus.
- Also, remember to use quiet voices in all academic areas.
- Play safe on the playground and when the bell rings to line up, walk to your line safely. We do not want anyone running as you could get hurt.
- When you arrive at school in the morning, you are to to sit at the lunch tables. All students are to remain sitting at the lunch tables until the duty teacher says that you may get up.
- At the end of the day, your teacher will walk you to your designated exit for parent pick-up. If your ride is not there, you need to wait, stay at the front of the school and wait patiently and quietly for your ride.
This concludes today’s announcements. Thank you college bound roadrunners, and remember,
“Keep a smile on your face, it will increase your face value!"